Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:04:35 -0600
From: "Jason D Moore" <jasdanmoo@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Dying on shift

I've finally finished redoing some major structural on the Scout and got it
running again.  Here's the problem I'm having:

It starts fine and idles a little fast although tolerable (the timing may
be
a bit ahead but not much and certainly within tolerable limits).  When I
shift into gear (727 auto), it slows the idle WAY down and tries to die on
me (and succeeds about 1/3 the time).  If I can get it to work, after a
while, the idle seems to slow down when in P or N.  Anyone have any ideas
about this?

As a side note, the trannie is almost shot, and I find myself manually
shifting it rather than running in D all the time.  Going to replace soon.

Thanks,
Jason
'76 Traveler 304 w/ 727