[ihc] George's resistance

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:37:02 -0800
From: George B Humphrey <xgbhx@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Re: Humphrey's Coil Voltage

        Thanks Jim. I assume, I can just get rid of the ballast resistor
altogether, correct?

        If you don't mind. Answering one further question would be helpful in
furthering my electrical education. I noticed in the circuit diagrams one
of the wires to the coil was tagged as a resistance wire and had to be
exactly 72" long. What is the reason for this?

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8
Can you say 'calibrated resistance wire' ? I knew you could...

Jim's right. Takes the place of a ballast resistor in the ignition primary. Ni-chrome, I believe, which accounts for the woven fabric(Nomex?) heat shield covering the resistance wire.

Jim