[ihc] Patterning Dave

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:30:28 -0500
From: David Bongo <dbongo@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] More Scout 800 questions

BTW-Still no clue on the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern on the wheels.  Maybe
they just went with the cheapest Dana axle they could get their hands
on.  That seems to be the only thing that even begins to make any
sense.  The USPS did some weird things with brakes on mail jeeps.  They
kept changing the drum size from year to year.  But I digress.

Dave
Dave, I don't think there's any hidden mystery here. IH used 5 on 4.5" for all the 1/2 ton 2WD stuff I can think of through '67. No reason to re-invent the wheel(so to speak) unless the customer was paying for something different.

Jim