Re: [ihc] Wheel bolt patterns - question for Howard P.

This may disappoint you, but this is the first I've heard that the 5 on
4.5" pattern was used on the mail Scouts so I have no explanation.  As I
was reading your post, I was thinking of the fact that all 2WD Scouts
prior to the Scout II were 4 on 4.5" (I think it was) and again I don't
know why other than that's the way they were.

If the Postal Scouts were all 5 on 4.5", I would assume it would be
because the Post Office specified that for some reason.  Didn't Ford use
that pattern?  Could it be possible it was specified to use common drums
and/or brake components with other equipment in their inventory?  We may
never know for sure now.

Howard