[ihc] Wheel bolt patterns - question for Howard P.

This is primarily directed at Howard P. since he probably would know,
but anybody who knows (or even has a theory) can chime in.

The wheel bolt pattern on the Postal 800 I'm buying from John Fleck has
a 5 on 4.5 pattern.  (Which is a problem since the Scout II front end
has a 5 on 5.5 pattern, so I'll need to either have 2 different types of
rims or swap out something on the rear to get a 5 on 5.5 there.  So, the
swap will occur.)  Anyways, why would International have used a 5 on 4.5
pattern?  The only theory we've come up with is that maybe the USPS used
that on old Mail Jeeps, so they wanted it for parts interchangability.
Or, perhaps, it was the cheapest D44 rearend available.

Early research with a postal jeep coworker indicates that there never
has a 5 on 4.5 pattern used, but that conversation drifted off quite a
bit towards the size of the brake drums, etc.

So, bottom line question, why did International use a 5 on 4.5 pattern
on my RHD Scout 800?

Dave