[ihc] adminsitrivia: Ha, Ha, Ha ... no wait, that's not funny

some of you may have observed a sudden fall off in traffic from digest.net
this afternoon.

i have just finished diagnosing the problem. there is a Denial of Service
attack targeted at slightly older version of ClamAntiVirus, and my server
was running such a slightly older version.

i've shut down clamd for the time being until i get my copy up to date.
i recommend that any digest readers using clamav check; the DOS is
possible with versions of ClamAV through 0.65, and possibly some
variants of 0.66. the newest version is 0.67-1, ask for it by name,
er, number.

this shouldn't present any danger to digest readers from my server;
other methods are used to clean the email to the list quite thoroughly
before it goes out.

followups on this subject should probably go to offtopic.

richard