Re: [ihc] RMIHR vs. NWBRU

John Hofstetter wrote:

Rocky Mountain is our favorite show, but the altitude is hard on both of us,
so we're going to pass this year. Going to miss that pig! And seeing the
guys that we only see at Salida, and driving somebody else's Scout in the
races, but ....

Are you going to be at Northwest? Altitude is not a problem there and it
should be really interesting with the new place and the new leadership
putting it together. We're planning on doing it. Probably no Scout
considering the cost of gas.
What? You want me to come down to Sea Level, where the air is so thick you have to actually SUCK to get any in? and it's HUMID? That makes breathing sound like WORK. :D

I don't think it's in the plans at the moment, though I would like to go again, and visit folks in Oregon, too.. but moving it to BEFORE RMIHR puts a kink in the plans, since I, too, really enjoy RMIHR, and with the way my luck has been at getting there, I'm not sure I want to risk going to Portland first and THEN expecting to get to RMIHR.. :D

As for gas.. I'm hoping to drive my Travelette again, towing again.. so what's the point in talking about the price of gas? If I were smart, I'd just stay home and spend my $700+ in gas on something useful.. like a winch..

I do hope to have a 5spd in the Travelette before the trip, but it's still a direct unit, and I really doubt an OD would improve fuel mileage anyhow..