[ihc] Wrangler NW alternators?

Hey all,
Shopping for a Delco CS144 -style alternator, and looking for a little more than the 100-amp output on my current (predictably, dead) one, without going to a chrome shiny piece of junk that puts out less at idle.
Has anyone used an alternator from Wrangler NW? I've followed the discussion(s) of the Mean Greens, but I'm a little far from the Border to get a rebuild down there.
Willing and almost able to spend about $250 if it's a quality, solid piece of work.
Will of course upgrade wiring, etc.
IH content: the 6.5TD drives a _lot_ like the 392. Almost the same displacement, power, torque levels and curve. The only differences seem to be price (1.5-2x for a reman 6.5), complexity (whoa), and fuel mileage (1.5x better with the diesel).
Also, I noticed that when speaking of tools, no one mentioned a 3 or 4 pound engineers hammer. :-) Perfect tool for extracting the shaft of a headlight switch. So long as you have a replacement switch handy.
Best to all,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)