RE: [ihc]Dualmatic , STOUT

Actually, Howard wrote that part.

> Are the Dual-matics also the "Selectros".. with the big gloved-hand
> turn-able knob instead of the small dial?

No, these are not the same as those. At least, not based on your
description. Here's a picture of Dual-matics:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F40831797 (Hey, Isaac, It works!)

> I have several exploded examples of these.. one of which is a collection
> of rather small parts in a brown paper bag..
>
> > I did the paperwork on my "Stout" today. Two bonuses: 1. I got
> it for $600
>
> Just FWIW, do note that there was a vehicle called the *Stout* produced
> in the ~60s as well.  I wanted to say it was a Toyota, but maybe it was
> a Suzuki instead..

This... is no good, takes the fun out of my re-soldering-the-emblem idea.
Don't want people thinking "Toyota"! Can I sue Toyota? Can I sue you, Tom
for telling me? I didn't want to know!

Here's a picture: http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/1967/vmd4967ov.html

> I must be catching up to Hofs.. my memory isn't working like it did in
> my youth..
>
> -Tom

My memory never worked like it did in my youth. -John A.
---