Re[2]: [ihc] Warm up then die?

>> What would be the best explanation/place to look on a IH 345 when its symptoms
>> are that it tends to start fine, then when it gets warm it dies and won't
>> start again?
JH> Coil, gold box, Prestolite module, fuel pump, fuel filter.

I'll add in a stuck closed choke, easy one to check for.

I had this occur, well not to me but to an acquaintance that then
requested help when his Le Mans exhibited similar symptoms.  It would
start fine but would gradually begin running rough as it warmed up, to
the point that it would not run.

He had a backfire through the carb when the choke was closed.  This
quite forcefully jammed the choke plate shut so that it would not
move(took a hammer and screwdriver to get it back open).  This also
happened to cause the carb body to seperate from the the carb base
plate(Holley 4 bbl) during the backfire event.  Thus his carb was
ruined as it was warped and would not seal between these two parts.

Ken