Re: [ihc] location, location, location

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:07:57 -0700 "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided> wrote:
> Speaking of which... Where is everybody, anyway? I've discerned a few
> locations from the context of certain posts, but for the most part I haven't
> a clue as to where you all live...

the digest.net server is located in a colocation facility in the Capital
District of New York, about 2.5 hours north of NYC and about 2.5
hours west of Boston. as for myself, i live in the Town of Sand Lake,
on the other side of the river more-or-less due east of Albany. the
nearest villages on the map are West Sand Lake and Averill Park,
i'm 2 to 3 miles south of those off in farmland and woods that
are (slowly and unfortunately) falling into the hands of developers.
we have 6.5 acres, though,which won't be developed while we
live here beyond the house we're living in (and possibly a shop for
working on cars and trucks.)

>It was a list of contact
> info for all Cortez owners that were registered with the national Cortez
> club. The idea was that while on the road and away from home, a fellow
> Cortezer always had at least a friendly driveway to park their rig in
> overnight. Like most cool ideas, it probably didn't always work out, but...
> well, I thought it was cool anyway. -John A.

the Alfa Romeo Owners Club publishes a list like that annually, along
with a list of codes indicating what kind of help a member is willing
to provide in a pinch.

richard