Re: [ihc] Dang NAPA fuel hose rotten <2Yrs

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Lidberg" <jameslidberg@domain.elided>
To: "IHC Digest" <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 20:50
Subject: [ihc] Dang NAPA fuel hose rotten <2Yrs

> I inspected the fuel hose under the Scout.
>
> It's all rotten, not even 2 years old. NAPA 5/16" line.
>
> Gotta pull the tank to replace most of it.
>
> Even the stuff from Checker and AutoBone lasts longer than that!
>
> - Jim in Mesa

I've been having similiar problems with NAPA, I gave them one more chance.
If it happens again they are really going to hear it from me.  My problems
with dry rott were with autozone/discount auto parts.   NAPA hose actually
formed a seam and cracked along it, a straight line running the length of
the hose like it was about to break in half.  The rest of the hose looked
fine, but it had that tear along the entire length and it was pretty bad.
Reminds me... need to inspect my fuel hose.

I thought the NAPA hose discussion happened on here, but maybe not?

Anyway, the advice I was given was to try NAPA's red fuel injection hose.

I know they are trying to cut costs, but I can't believe they are doing
stuff that reduces quality to such a dangerous level.

-Ryan

---