[ihc] Postal 800 cooling, misc other stuff

So, the general consensus seems to be to leave the stock fan setup in
place and see what happens.  I'll think about it.  I don't really have
the money, but it just seems to me that since it's under $100 for the
auxiliary electric fan, it's worth considering.  (That's pricing out a
Perma-Cool fan.  Something else will be much cheaper, I'm sure.)  I
could always add it later, though, so I'm not going to worry too much.
I'm also eyeing replacing the mechanical fan with electric units -
Either one in back, or one on each side of the radiator.  Just to boost
the power from the 152 a bit.

As for heat-shielding the cab: this is for you 800 guys.  As I've said
before, I really like the Rhinolining type stuff.  How much heat is
actually transferred through the bed and where the driver/passenger put
their feet?  On my Scout II, most of the heat comes from the
Transmission hump and firewall.  If I give those good heat shielding,
then I would hope I'd be able to just Rhinoline the rest of the cab.
That would be the best of both worlds.  The Firewall and tranny hump
don't actually need the Rhinolining.  (Actually, I DO set some stuff on
the tranny hump now, but it's not necessary and I could expand my mail
tray to keep it elevated.)

And I've heard pros and cons to the oil bath filter.  I've never had
one, and I don't intend to start.  Even if something else is better, the
paper filter would be the filter of choice simply for ease of
maintainence.

Dave