[ihc] re: oilbath filters

I likewise have seen data supporting the idea that more fine dust
particles make it through oil bath and K&N than a good paper filter.
Keyword here being GOOD.  I suspect the oil bath was the superior
filter of choice in the past when it was used by OEM.

However, there are varying types of oilbath design.
Detroit Diesel, for example, had both light duty and heavy duty
oil bath filters.  They are quite different in design and my manual
shows the heavy duty type does have the intake air actually pass
through the oil whereas the light duty type does not.  So, any data
collected should only be applied to that specific type of filter
and should not be generalized.  If the data was collected using a
light duty type, what good does that do if one has a heavy duty type?

Ken