[ihc] S-130

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:08:47 -0500
From: Rocky Lear <rockylear@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Can anyone tell me th year model of this truck?

There is a 50's model S-130 for sale here locally. Can anyone tell me how I
can accurately tell what the year model is?The sn is S-130-S19686. Is there
any way to change these trucks over to an 8 lug pattern using later one ton
parts?

Rocky

No such thing as a 'model year' at that point. S series trucks were built
from late '55 through early '57 IIRC. That unit serial # seems fairly low
FWIW. A line set *may* be available for it, and it *may* have a build date.

If it has an RA-15 rear axle, you might be able to swap hubs with an 8 lug
RA-15. If not, you could swap in another axle(prolly need to move the spring
pads). In the front, IH was still using non-parallel springs, so an axle
swap would be a hassle. I s'pose it's possible that hubs from an early small
spindle 8 lug FA-12('69 - mid '72)might swap on, no promises. You'd need to
figger out the brakes as well...

Jim