[ihc] Re: RHD vs. LHD steering boxes

The problem with the LHD box isn't the rotation, it's the mounting.  The
factory scout LHD box mounts on the outside of the frame.  When you move
it to the right side of the truck, it mounts on the inside of the frame.
There isn't room on a V8 to mount it on the inside.

The Ford box we had mounted correctly, but the rotation was wrong, so we
swapped the input, worm and sector shaft from one with the correct
rotation.  It wasn't that much work - wouldn't even call drilling new
holes and adding spacers "fabrication", takes longer to get the tools out
than to mount the gear.

Took some pictures this weekend. Didn't have time to actually clean off
the grease (scout was in the middle of it's daily rounds), but hopefully
they will help.  Will post tonight.

Bob