Re: [ihc] Torque Plate

At 11:35 PM 2/10/04, Dave wrote:
>Was wonderin'... Has anyone ever used a Torque Plate when Boring and
>honing a SV Engine 345\392 ?? where could one find one?
>
>Dave

Yoeder (sp???) in the Los Angeles area makes torque plates for ANYTHING.
D*mn, with I could remember the spelling. Know the guy's first name is
Chris.

Try asking at a couple of your local auto machine shops, somebody will have
to know the name.

Suggestion : if you have to buy one for the shop boring your block, get
just ONE--use a stray head to load up the deck on the side not being
bored/honed at the time. Bit more labor, but saves getting the second
torque plate.

YES--using a torque plate gives a better job.

Greg