[ihc] Grossly overloaded Traveler: My Story

Jim, Greg, Colin,

      My short story was Globe, AZ, to Tucson, AZ Traveler with 20' car
hauler with 96 Lifted Ford F-150 Extra Cab with High top shell, and 35's.
I think about 10,000 feet of elevation change (up, down, up, then down
again) and about 125 miles, and got around 11 MPG.  This was with a 1407?
(manual choke model).  Made sure to go light on the throttle and stay down
a gear when necessary so as not to smoke the 727.

Of course, the month before I had the same trailer with another Traveler on
it, from Tucson to Prescott Valley (about 2400 feet, down to 1200 in Phx,
then I'm guessing close to 7000 feet in Prescott Valley), in the heat of AZ
summer, slow going (don't smoke that slushbox).  Just took it easy and got
12 MPG with that one.

My data seems to show, the more load the Traveler, the better the mileage.
That falls apart because I've never gotten better than 12 anyway, but
towing another Traveler on my trailer?

JoelB

<snip>