[ihc] David's power steering

At 05:29 AM 2/2/04 +0000, you wrote:
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:43:26 -0500
From: David Bongo <dbongo@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Power Steering (again)

Any ideas on why the box is elevated above the rail?  And an easy way to
fix it?
Don't know why it would matter as long as everything lines up.

And that stinks about the straight steering brace.  Maybe I can uncover
some info on this mythical bolt-in Travellall steering box by then.  In
which case I can get a straight steer brace since the box'll be moved
where it should be.

Thanks.

Dave
IIRC and we're talking about the steering box used on torsion bar IFS trucks, it was used on all p/s equipped 1000/1010's from '68 through '73(pickups and Travelalls). I just compared a 1010 box with a SII unit. Different bolt patterns for the frame mounting, but more importantly, they have opposite rotations. Turn the steering wheel to the right, the 1010 box rotates CCW(viewed from above). SII box rotates CW in a right turn. Not gonna work :(

Jim