Re: [ihc] need some advice on possible scout purchase

On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 05:44 AM, Joseph Shaw, II wrote:

Also, I like the 196 engine. The ones with 152's are not very capable of
highway speeds, usually are geared higher anyway because of this, and simply
aren't up to modern day snuff if you are using it for more than local
errands and running around town, in my opinion. However, the 196 has just
enough more oomph to make it better in these ways, you can interchange with
a later 196 if you find one out of a Scout II that may have even more oomph,
and I believe that you can swap in a V8 much easier, should you ever find
you want or need to. Also, because of the extra guts, they often are geared
a little lower, which allows for more axle/differential options.

But this is, of course, just my opinion!

Good luck!

Michael
No, quite the opposite, it's gospel, not opinion, because it agrees with what I think. <g>

John