[ihc] need some advice on possible scout purchase

I could use some advice on a potential purchase. There's a 67 800 for sale
in my neighborhood, and I'm more than tempted... I've plenty of work on the
Travelall yet, and not a lot of spare time, but... Let me just ask if you
think it's a reasonable price: He wants $800. Odo reads 35K, so likely 135K.
It's mechanically sound, but the body is rough. It has the 196, 3 speed
manual, Dana 44 rear, 30 front, unknown ratios, dual tanks. Runs great,
drives well, everything works. He has the "pickup" style (halfcab?) top on
it, but it's from a Scout 80, and doesn't fit properly. He also has the full
size 800 top, in the yard under snow. There's rust (floors and fender
wells), and bondo, and primer, but no major dents or crumples in the body.
It would be quite a project for me to get it looking decent... As you can
probably tell, I'm not experienced with Scouts. I love the lines of the
earlier models, and have always wanted one, but this one? Does it sound like
it's worth $800? Don't know what they are worth... I'm not looking for a
Scout II, and the 80s and 800s don't come up all that often, so like I said,
I'm tempted... Any and all thoughts appreciated, guys. Thanks, -John A.
---