[ihc] Re: Magnesium Chloride/Sodium Chloride

A couple of years ago, I was in a salt  mine run by one of the big
companies.  They mined good old NaCl.  They told me their two largest
customers were governmental road departments and a chemical company (for
chlorine production).  After they blasted the stuff, it was hauled to the
surface and screened for size.  I think most of the stuff we see around here
(northern panhandle of West Virginia) is rock salt (NaCl).

Weirdest thing, salt is white.  But the ribs (walls) were as black as coal
down there.  Says something about ventilation and diesel particulate.
Nasty.

IH Content:  The rock salt they use on the roads, along with my poor
maintenance procedures, caused my 79 Scout II to fail safety inspection the
last time I tried. :(