[ihc] Factory winches, or in the case of Las Vegas, a wench factory.

on 1/6/04 4:15 PM, Howard R Pletcher at n9ads@domain.elided wrote:

> Buzzzzzzzzzzzzt, wrong answer.
>
> The winch is not a "factory option" and never was during the time Scouts
> were produced.
>
> They were sold through the parts system and may have been installed by a
> dealer or at TSPC before delivery, but not in the factory.  I have a
> photo of of Mike's Scout as it came off the line and the stock chrome
> bumper is clearly visible.
>
> Howard

Howard,

I knew that, or thought I knew that about Mike's Scout, having dealt a
number of times with adding winches. Both by the dealer and by installing
them myself.

However, the 800 that we used to own, new from the factory, had a power
take-off Ramsey. Might that have been a factory option? Nearly 40 years
later it seems to me that it was on the Scout when it rolled off the truck.
Is TPSC a distribution center that might have installed the Ramsey?

I realize that you probably talked about TPSC's before, but I wasn't tuned
in then.

John