RE: [ihc] Shop size and Shop envy

I'll weigh in.  42 X 84, and no that isn't my pants size.  Mine is all
cemented out, but not insulated and not heated so it is not of a lot of
use this time of year.  Keeps things out of the precipitation and wind
year 'round though.  Miserable cold in the winter and miserable hot in
the summer.  Boy can I get a lot done in spring and fall.  I figured 14
vehicles will go in pretty easy even around all of my tool chests,
benches, storage shelving, parts piles, sectional sofa, desks, and IH
appliances. I could probably get 20 in if it wasn't for all the other
stuff.  Right now (well, when we are home from work) there are 8
vehicles, one tractor (Super M), one skid loader (Hydra Mac), and one 4
wheeler (Kaw Prairie 650).  There is definitely room for more if I
should decide which project needs to be in next.

As long as I make sure there is room for the wife's car each night we
are both pretty happy.

I may divide it roughly in half before next winter, maybe only with a
tarp.  My 150K BTU space heater won't really put a dent in the chill at
-6 degrees.  Maybe it could make half the space bearable.  I plugged a
tire for my mother-in-law last night, had to work right in front of the
heater.  Boy did my skin get dry and my ears ring.  But then I wasn't
working outside  in the dark/snow/wind either.

My quote when asked if I like my new house (bought 8/01) "There is a
house there? I bought the place for the shop!"  My wife assures me the
house meets her standards.

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B