[ihc] Re: The Mobile Economy Run - Or:- How To Get 60MPG With Your Scout?!

on 12/31/03 12:55 PM, Peter Ferris at binder@domain.elided wrote:

> If you didn't like the
> story, too darn bad, I told it anyhow and you can blame me! %^}
>
> IHC content: If anyone tries any of this with a 304, lemme know how it works
> out for ya! ;-)
>
> Happy Draftin',
>
> --Pete

I did like the story, so it's not too darn bad, and I do blame you.

Smoky was kind of my hero. I didn't really have any race car heroes except
for the hard top racers out here on the coast, but Smoky, the mechanic, was
my man. He had a monthly column that he wrote for Popular Science, and it
was consistently the reason that I bought, borrowed, or stole the magazine
from the library.

As Pete and Steve gathered, I really do remember the Mobil Economy Run.
There's a Henry J. story connected with it, but I don't remember the details
well enough to post it on the same digest with Pete's well done story.

Sounds to me as if I should have the CD. Thanks Pete, that was a great post.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs