[ihc] Diff covers etc.

Hofs ,
      On the Green scout with which you and I are both associated, the rear
cover was a type that had a thickness of more than 1/8" steel.  It was
markedly heavier than the very thin, very fragile factory unit.  I have
seen so called Dana 44 "thick" covers before, and I would guess that these
are the unit.  I have since painted the covers IH red, and proceeded to
bash them on many things and I was quite glad that the thick cover was
reinstalled on the front not the rear.  I'm thinking about getting them for
the rear for this and other trucks also after seeing our friend Allan drag
a cover over a rock and pull the bottom out to leaking.  A few quick raps
with a trail hammer (appropriately sized rock) fixed the problem, but you
know what they say about prevention and cure.

So, anyone else have the Dana 44 "thick" covers?  I'm really impressed as
they are very thick, and seem so far, to be quite serviceable.
http://www.completeoffroad.com/products/i-587_vent-differential.html
this site lists them for $24.99 which is quite reasonable when compared to
the $150+ I've seen for some of the more elaborate welded type covers.

JoelB