Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:24:55 -0500
From: Seay Capt Matthew R <seaymr@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Torque Convertor and damaged pump?

Joel,

        It was partially full from when I removed it.  I didnt drain it
completely. Nor did I put a load on it prior to running through the shift
pattern and letting it run in neutral for a while.  I am not sure what the
keying is you're talking about, but the converter is the only thing I took
off of the tranny prior to hooking it up to the new engine.

I did have to use a helicoil thread repair kit on one of the bolt holes
that
attaches the converter to the flexplate, but I dont think there is a
significant change in the mass at that one point to throw the ballance off
and give me that shimmy.  It has to be something more sublime.  Besides the
flex plate, what else within a 727 could throw it out of ballance?

Matt