[ihc] tow straps

>My only remaining question here is, "Add hooks"
> or "Forget hooks"? Must have more data...
> --Pete

Depends on the use...

Light duty ie easy rolling, light load, use a cheap round strap w/ hooks.
These tend to be short, which is good. When it breaks it can't reach
out as far. A throw-away for soccer Mom pulls.

Recovery if you are fighting mud, an obsticle, a hill, &\or heavy load, etc.
use a quality 3" stretch strap w/ 20K+ rating & looped ends. Hooks get dangerous
with high loads.

I'll have to disagree with, what did you call him? Ancient Epsom? :)
To winch off a tree, use a real tree strap, rated for the pull. Want to catch
a winch hook with your forehead? Step 1) Wrap a $12 stap around a tree...

BTW, stretch straps should not be used for lifting, nor should lift straps be used
for jerk & pull recovery. The stretch takes some of the shock that can rip tow points off.

Bob