Re: [ihc] Power Steering on RHD Scout

James Lidberg wrote:

> Last week you said the right front hub was hot to the touch.
>
> There is something wrong if it is hot to the touch.
>
> What was the problem?

The problem is resolved.  I think.  There was some air in the lines
leading to the rear brakes, so their efficacy was less than optimal.
(i.e. the rears weren't doing anything and the fronts had all the stress
and were hot from overwork.)  The system was rebled and we anticipate
things'll be good from here on out.  I'll check tomorrow (first day the
Scout'll be back on the route) and see how it goes.

What I really need is a new parking brake cable for the rear calipers.
I guess I'll try calling TSM and explaining the situation to them, maybe
they've seen it before.

> I'll bet the hot hub is related to the steering wobble.

The steering "problem" is a good 5 months old, so it should be unrelated
to this.  Also the mechanic gave the front end a complete physical to
ensure nothing else was causing it.

Dave