Re: [ihc] The panel truck again! (finally)

----- Original Message -----
From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "ihc-digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 17:06
Subject: RE: [ihc] The panel truck again! (finally)

<snip>
> > Anyone on the list with a truck with barn doors who can verify what
their
> > ticket says to identify the presence of the barn doors?
>
> Don't know if this will help, but on my '67 TA, the code for the barndoors
> is part of the body code. It reads:
> 16157  0016  FGKLW  TRAVELALL W/PANEL DOORS

Ah, cool...that means I might be on to something then.

> > There is also a listing for an "Aux Seat"  I don't know if that is for
the
> > passenger seat (in other makes at least the passenger seat was
> > optional) or for the center seat/console which is also present.
>
> My middle seat is: 16820  0006  B  INTERMEDIATE FOLD SEAT
> This one didn't have the 3rd seat, but I remember on my '64, which did, it
> was "AUX" something.

Well, this one doesn't have a third row, or even second row  seat.  And
where the drop is for the second row seat footwell there is a deck extension
keeping it at the same height as the rest of the cargo area. (idea, maybe a
built in toolbox under that extension?)

> > There's another code, which may be
> >  01557     0024    AC        Underslung tire ca (cut off here as
> > I only have the left hand half of the line set).
> >
> > Underslung tire carrier maybe?  Spare is inside right now, don't
remember
> > seeing remains of a carrier when we picked the thing up.
>
> Mine is:
> 01544  0017  TUBULAR TIRE CARR U/S

Hmm, maybe it  changed between the years or it just doesn't mean what I
think it does?

> For what it's all worth...  -John A.

It's worth a lot to me!

Thanks,