-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Mandera

Other than custom springs, I'd do the following:

Look at the rear of your front springs, at the shackle.  Notice the
rivet
pattern?  Look about 2" behind (to the rear) the shackle, and you should
see that same pattern again.

If you grind the rivets off, and punch them out, you can slide the
shackle mounts rearward about 2", and then bolt it back into place.

Why do that?  You can then order a front lift kit for a 73-87 Chevy
pickup
and bolt it in.  Subtract about 2" from the advertised Chevy lift.  My
math says a 4" Chevy lift is good for about 2" on a 1/2T Travelall.