[ihc] Re: Greasy Fingerprints in Service Manual

At 11:13 PM -0600 11/24/03, J. M. Daugherty wrote:
 >Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:21:57 -0600
From: "T.R.E.Jr." <T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Reverse Polarity (coil "Q")

<snip>
 I treasure my IH manual, but I don't use it often enough.
- ---I try not to use* mine. It gets greasy that way. I seriously think that J
Glancy should make CDs for us manual owners. That way I can print out pages
or wipe the keyboard down when I am done. I already have a few smudged
corners in my manuals.
T.R.E.,
    My Scout came with a pre-smudged manual but I learned a trick from one
of Roger Welsch's books.  I don't remember which one, but it was one of his
tractor restoration/male-female relationship books.  Roger said that he
disassembled the service manual, placed the pages in clear plastic page
protectors and put them in a 3-ring binder.  I'm guessing the manual for his
beloved orange tractors is slightly thinnner than the one I have for my SII
because that would end up about 8 inches thick.  Although I haven't
completely followed his example, I have pulled out specific pages of
interest and placed them in the clear sleeves to refer to them while working
on my truck.  Although many listers do not have indoor workshops, he also
recommends building a shelf to hold the open manual at a comfortable height
so you have an excuse to stand upright every now and then.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone,   J. Michael
Hmm, I just happened to think as I was reading J. Michael's post that a guy could leave his pages in the manual and just cover the most used pages with clear contact paper, the laminate of the poor people.

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs