Re: [ihc] Crank Scraper

At 6:06 PM 11/21/03, T.R.E.Jr. wrote:
>---The 304 and 345 use the same oil pan and crank don't they. Is there a
>difference in the crank as to its location in the crankcase? What I am
>asking is, if this "crank scraper" works on the 345/392, would it not also
>work on the 304?

Nope. At least not very well. Because the 266/304 have shorter stroke than
the 345/392 do.

In fact--if it works on a 392, it wouldn't be quite right on a 345--because
the counterweights at the ends of the 392 cranks are somewhat bigger than
those on a 345.

A GOOD crank scraper gets REALLY close---

Greg