[ihc] Synthetic vs Dino oil: Environmental ??

OK, the recent discussion of synthetic oils and
mention of leaking it out got me wondering:
What are the environmental issues with leaking
synthetic oil?

Same as dino oil?  Not as bad for the environment?
Worse?

I seem to recall reading that some kind of bacteria had
been found that feeds on oil spilled on the ground.  That
probably would not be the case for synthetic.

What about in the water (lakes, ocean)?

Just curious,
Allan W.