Re: [ihc] IH Garand rifle?

A lot of us do appreciate what you guys went through
so we can enjoy the hobbies and interests we all have. Thanks!
Dennis
I really do second Dennis's thoughts about our veterans. I enjoyed Diane Sawyer's interview with Jessica Lynch last night. However, I am still appalled by the Army's adoption of the M16 as the rifle of choice for its personnel. The connection here is that Jessica's weapon jammed before she fired it, and consequently she never fired a round.

The Kalishnikovs and AK 47's didn't jam out there in the desert. Colonel Hackworth of "About Face" fame during the Vietnam War accused the defense department of, at best stupidity, and at worst not giving a damn about what happened to its men, in regard to making and keeping the M-16 as the rifle of choice.

The IH connection is that the M1 was a very fine rifle, and even if IH made the worst of the lot, I treasure my piece of crap.

Somebody told me today that it's veterans not preachers who give us freedom of religion, it's veterans not Jesse Jackson that give us freedom of speech, it's veterans not lawyers that give us the right of a fair trial .... Well you get the point. Thank you veterans and those who are not yet veterans, but are working on it.

Mac, glad for your sake it wasn't the Becca MacBryghde story on TV. Mac, have you ever tried pronouncing your last name?

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs