Re: [ihc] trans mounts on T19 from T18?

Motor mounts appear tip-top, I know the crossmember is in the correct
position, because I never unthreaded the e-brake cable when I did the swap
so the crossmember's orientation never changed.  I think I'll just have to
measure the lengths of the two transmissions and go from there.  Moving the
brackets for the crossmember is out of the question, they are oddly shaped
and about 12 inches long  in total(both Auto and Manual positions in the
same mount), and would require far too much effort.

I was thinking I could make a S(or Z)-shaped bracket like the 727 uses, but
the manual trans doesn't need to be higher in the back, but it might be the
only way.

Thanks!
JoelB

---I have never performed the swap, but I have a T18a in the shed and a T19
in the Scout. The mounts are identical and the mounts are identical when
purchased new. The only difference between the T19/T18 and the 727 mount is
an S-shaped bracket. That is not used on the manuals, but is for the
automatic. Is it possible you have the crossmember in wrong? Is it possible
your motor mount is broken?