Re: [ihc] 13" clutches ...I think it is possible

---This will bring up an in-depth conversation about the EP rated oils used
in transmissions and transfer cases for our IHs, but that is good. The
correct gear oil for the T-19 and Dana20 is GL-1. So you are correct in
saying that the GL-5 was in fact the wrong gear oil, but there isn't any
additive that will help what using an EP rated oil will cause. GL-1 has NO*
EP rating, meaning it is not an extreme pressure gear oil. The EP additives
in EP rated oils are said to tear up the copper or brass parts in our
transmissions.

---If you were to go from the GL-5, which I suggest you do, I would drain
the cases, put  some SAE 30 and Marvel Mystery Oil in the cases, run it down
the road... about 10 miles. Take it home and drain it,  then add either the
50W motor oil or the 90W mineral gear oil. For the price, I don't think you
can beat 5 gallons of GL-1 for $13.oo, but when you get into the synthetic
gear oil, it will be more in the range of $30 a 5 gallon bucket... unless
you like buying quarts of motor oil at $5.00 a piece.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)