RE: [ihc] RE:Tie Rod Protectors

## >> My 73 1210 4x4 has the 02930 factory tie rod guard.  Took a
## >> couple pictures
## >> of it, notice I also have a NAPA steering shock on it.
## >>
## >> http://www.fone.net/~rvar/image/tiegard1.jpg
## >>
## >> http://www.fone.net/~rvar/image/tiegard2.jpg
## >>
## >> Kurt

thank you, Kurt.  that's exactly what i was looking to see.  my lineset
number matches yours, too.  i haven't seen anything like that before, and i
sure as heck don't have one of those installed now.  wonder if it's worth
hunting one up to put back on the truck.  what do you think?  not sure i
could find one even if i wanted to, but should i even bother looking?

also, Kurt, can you tell me a little more about the axles and wheels and
brakes you've got on your truck (off list if you prefer)?  the axles (and
springs, i was told) under my 1110 came from a 1200 or a 1210, they have
12"x3" brakes all the way around, the front has the thick HD44F tubes but
apparently has had the big knuckles hacked off and replaced with smaller
knuckles.  not sure what's going on there, maybe to give it a sharper
turning radius?  it's got the 8-lug and 16.5" mag wheels with 33"x12.5"
tires.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde