RE: [ihc] Windshield gaskets

## >> Does anyone know why some IH's used a windshield gasket that
## >> has the plastic chrome insert and others did not? I use to
## >> think that it had something to do with the trim package but
## >> the truck that I am fixing has all the available trim and
## >> just has the plain rubber gasket. Then I buy a normal plain
## >> jane 71 t-all. It has the chrome in the gasket. I have seen a
## >> 73 pickup online and it too has the chrome in the gasket. Can
## >> anyone explain? At this point it seems completely random.

Rocky, i've got two 1972 TravelAlls.  i have the linesets for both trucks,
both came with the "custom interior package", and neither lineset mentions
anything about the windscreen trim.

the first is a 1010 4x2 with the "custom" exterior trim package, which is
the black and chrome wide bottom trim pieces on the sides, as well as the
woodgrain vinyl above the bigger trim pieces, surrounded in a thin chrome
trimming (all the trim on this truck is present and in excellent condition).
this one has the bright metal trim around the windscreen.

the second is an 1110 4x4 with the "deluxe" exterior trim package, which is
just the wide black and chrome pieces at the bottom along both sides (it's
all there, but most of it is damaged to one degree or another).  this one
does not have chrome trim around the windshield gasket, but the windscreen
and gasket have been changed at least once, so i have no idea if it
originally had the bright metal trim or not.

seems pretty random to me, too.  i can't see anything on either lineset to
indicate why one might have gotten the bright metal windscreen trim and the
other did not.  though again, i don't know if the 1110 came with the trim or
not, since the windscreen and gasket have been changed at least once before
i got it.  i would have thought maybe the bright windscreen trim was part of
the custom exterior package, but if you've seen a standard exterior package
with that, then maybe it's something else.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi