From: Ed Sohm [mailto:idaemes@domain.elided]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 10:08 AM
To: 'John M. Adams'; 'Ryan Moore'; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: RE: [ihc] Different Axle Widths on T'All

John,

I would assume that the sharper turning axles would be the later open
knuckle ones.  Look for '74/'75 pickups/Travelalls.

I can't say why they would build the front wider than the rear, but will
tell you it seems to be not uncommon.  My '96 Suburban is that way.  The
salesman said that it had to do with the fact that they needed more room
when making the IFS stronger on it because it is a 3/4 ton.  You know
how salesmen can be.

Oops, we don't have any used car salesmen on the list, do we?

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B
'74 200 4X4 Travelette Camper Special