RE: [ihc] 80 Scout, Koenig PTO Winch Question

## >>    The PTO OUTPUT is inline with the T-case input, not the driveshaft
## >> output...
## >>    It is definantly a D-20
## >>
## >> Dan Nees

i need more clarification on this.  the transfer case under our 800A is
supposed to be a Dana 20, with single stick gear selector.  this transfer
case has the rear driveshaft output in direct line with the transmission
input.  there's an offset to the passenger side and down, which is where the
output for the front driveshaft is located.  there is a small four-bolt
coverplate on the back of the transfer case opposite the front driveshaft
output.

the transfer case in our old 800 was a twin stick, and i *thought* it was a
Dana 20, but i do not know for sure.  the rear axle on it was offset to the
passenger side a bit, unfortunately i don't remember if the output on the
transfer case was offset or not.

Dan, are you saying the PTO location on your transfer case is directly
opposite the transmission input?  so that both of the driveshaft outputs are
offset the way the front driveshaft on my 800A is?  or did i misunderstand
what you are trying to say?

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde