Re: [ihc] Correcting speedo for OS tires

At 10:00 PM 10/30/03, Rocky Lear wrote:
>What are the steps I need to do so that my speedometer will read correctly
>when using oversized tires/overdrive etc.? I have the speed correction
>unit ...at least that is what I think it is....off of the t-all that had
>the T34 in it. I intend to put that on the pickup. What else will I need
>to do and how do I determine what I need exactly?

A good speedo shop will have a whole bunch of alternate gears for that
correction unit you have. Thing to do is finish your set-up, tires and all,
and then go out and see how many miles and tenths your odometer reads on
three or four or five passes over ten miles of road--as measured by the
mileposts. Take your numbers to the speedo shop, and have them change the
gears in the correction box to suit.

Greg