[ihc] Beating a dead horse--er, axle

>as you may recall, not too long ago Joel F bought a B140 which he
>sbsequently sold.  i've heard from the new owner today.  he confirms that
>the B140 has a six on seven and a quarter lug pattern on the rear axle,
with
>wheel spacers bolted on that push the wheels out a few inches and convert
>them to five on eight lug pattern, matching the five on eight pattern on
the
>front axle.  the lineset for this truck indicates that this rear axle is an
>RA20, and that the front axle, which has the same housing, is an FA50.  his
>rear axle is identical to the rear axle under my B122, which i transplanted
>from a 1966 1500A.  the B140 lineset indicates it's an RA20, the B series
>operator's manual indicates it's either an RA30 or RA31.

Wheel spacers?  Doesn't sound factory to me, as the true weight capacity
of the axle is decreased with such devices.  Sounds like either the
front or rear axle has been swapped, because the lug pattern would have
matched from the factory without using any spacer/adaptor.
Rear axles being more common than front driving axles for that era truck,
I would expect the rear axle isn't the original, so what is there may not be
the RA-20 listed on the lineset.

Allan W.