Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:16:56 -0600
From: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Serpentine belts

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan W." <allanw@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 21:02
Subject: [ihc] Serpentine belts

> Maybe Howard knows the answer to this one...
> Did the SV V-8's ever get a serpentine belt setup near the end
> of production?  Would seem like it would have been a nice

I still feel that V belts are better for redundancy purposes.  I *really*
like having dual belts for my water pump and alternator too...

<snip>
> In terms of reduced maintenance, they are a definite step
> forward.
>
> I think the only thing that I couldn't find/make using parts
> from other manufacturers is the reverse rotation water pump.
> But if one is available, I would buy that and convert.
>
> Allan W.

Why does the water pump have to be reverse rotation?  Couldn't you just
change the routing of the belts to keep the standard rotation?

- -Ryan

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!