Re: [ihc] RE: IHC Construction equipment

---Interesting note Kurt. I never heard that before either... and I am not
from around here*. Front-loader would have been the dozer-like and backhoe
would have been the shovel-like heavy equipment. Payloader would have been a
5-Ton dump truck or larger back when I was in the business... but then again
Ryan, we are talking construction equipment now. How many different types of
Earth Movers are there now? The original Earth Mover was a dump truck, now
there is a whole line of Earth Movers which I believe consist of anything
that has 10' tall or larger tires... lol.

---A payloader could have simply been a class by weight or "payload". "If it
can't haul a certain sized load, then it isn't paying for itself." An IH
would have certainly been a payloader in that sense, and I can see them
being the first* to call a line that. They surely paid their way for our
company.

---Speaking of which, I sure do miss the days of operating the 12'
Extendahoe. Komatsu never had anything on International. They dug fresh
ground at full throttle where the International ran 1/4 throttle and
Komatsu's largest Hoe couldn't break the frosted clay at full throttle even
with a frost bucket. The International would at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, but you
had to stop now and then to change a high pressure hydraulic line. :D The
best place for a Komatsu was sitting... blocking the entry to the jobsite.

---Either way, again I say it's a blood thing. I said once that it was blood
red, but IHC made great machines regardless of their color.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)