RE: [ihc] The bulletin?

## >> Maybe you'd better wait a while, then. For me, at least, the
## >> pages still
## >> open slowly, taking up to 20 seconds, and not everything is
## >> working just
## >> yet. I've been skimming over the vBulletin side, but not
## >> posting much except
## >> on the Sonora Desert Scouts section and the old tech talk,
## >> which is improved
## >> over the last version because you can now upload pictures in
## >> your posts
## >> again as well as link them from elsewhere.

well, i deleted the zones i created for the BinderBulletin, and all seems to
be well.  DNS is resolving properly.  i'm not sure what Bill did with the
new setup, but if i try to create new records in my DNS using the IP
addresses that are apparently associated with the domain names, then nothing
resolves at all, but eliminating all DNS records fixes it.  best to leave it
resolving to the BB's own DNS servers for now, till i figure out what's
going on.  it's working, at least.  i don't like using other people's DNS
when i have my own, but not much choice right now.  again, at least it's
working now.

got some other fish to fry now anyway.  somehow i screwed something up in my
router or my DNS tables, 'cause now all nslookups from Windows-based
machiens are resolving to my router's internet-side IP address (*nix
machines are operating normally).  MSN.COM nslookup gives me my own IP
address if i use an external DNS server as the source.  not sure what's
going on there, but i gotta get it fixed quick.  <sigh>  there's always
something to do around here.  if i'm not breaking one thing, i'm screwing
something else up.  off i go, back to work.

thanks Allan and Jeff for your help.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde