RE: [ihc] The bulletin?

## >> Better look again. Atlas is gone. It's been replaced by BBS.
## >> The URL and the
## >> address changed this time.

that's what i'm seeing.  doggone.  Jeff Randolph did a little digging and
disclosed that there are now two new FQDNs to go with the old
www.binderbulletin.org FQDN:

aries.binderbulletin.org
bbs.binderbulletin.org

so i've got three records to update, instead of just two.  that's okay.
Jeff says he can get into the BB using the actual URL, but has the same
problem i do resolving the IP addresses listed for those URLs.  weird.

## >> Sorry, I don't know of any other way to do this. If the
## >> address has been
## >> posted, I missed it. On the other hand, Bill did announce
## >> that you would
## >> need to update your hosts file if you had hard copied the
## >> address in. My
## >> computer would not accept that for some reason, and in the
## >> new one I simply
## >> decided to use the browser and organize better than I had in
## >> the past. That
## >> seems to be helping me quite a bit, but I have not saved any
## >> hard addresses,
## >> just URLs. It took a firm resolution on my part, as I learn
## >> very slowly.
## >> <grin>

i learn slowly too, at least when it really counts, anyway.  apparently i
missed Bill's announcements about these changes, unfortunately, otherwise i
might have been better prepared for the change (not likely, but might have
been).  i don't have anything but local network addresses in my hosts and
lmhosts files.  i prefer to put everything that needs a hard reference into
the DNS servers instead.  that way i only have to update four machines
instead of twelve.  though if server updating works like it should (it
usually doesn't), i just update one and them propagate through the other
three.  i wish that bit actually worked right.  <Sigh>

it's taken quite a bit of perseverance on my part to force myself to visit
the BB regularly.  i'm so averse to the WWW that getting me to open a
browser is like pulling alligator teeth with tweezers.  just ask Ryan how
frustrated he gets when he tries to get me to look at this or that on the
web.  <grin>  if i could do Binderchat from the command line without the
browser interface, i'd be there a whole lot more often.

i'll get this thing all sorted out.  eventually.  probably with a suitably
large hammer.  +)

-Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde