[ihc] SV balancetology

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:10:07 -0600
From: bearbvd@domain.elided (Greg Hermann)
Subject: Re: [ihc] SV engine balance

Ain't semantics a wonderful thing, Jim ??

In my world--when an engine (talking V-8's only, here) has ANY bob weight
on or behind the flywheel/flexplate and/or the front pulley--it IS
externally balanced. YES, of course, there is internal bob weight balance
included on ANY externally balanced V-8, at least that I know of.
Ah, tsank you professor :) That was *exactly* the dissertation I was hoping for. Of course, if you'd care to hold forth on primary vs. secondary imbalance, etc. feel free!

Folks, if anyone asks you whether IH SV-8's are internally or externally balanced, just say 'yes' and smile that little smile of the knowing ;)

Jim