Re: [ihc] Jim's contri

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:09:27 -0700 J Grammer <jim@domain.elided> wrote:

> >Any one know how many folks are
> >on the lists that Richard serves?  If we would multiply that by even $10
> >:-)?

> Jim, thank you. I forget the exact # , but over on the offtopic list
> Richard indicated that something like that amount from
> everyone(preferably
> annually)would go a *long* ways toward letting him make some upgrades
> he's
> comtemplating.

the total count is about 5000. if everyone chipped in $10, that'd be enough
that i'd treat running the lists as part of my "day job", and give it a very
substantial chunk of my time.

that's simply not going to happen. the numbers show about 4% of the
readership contributing this go round (that's a rough estimate, but close
enough that conclusions draw from it will be valid). it's helpful, it has
solved a bunch of problems, but it's clear that there's no silver bullet
to be found here.

richard