----- Original Message -----
From: paul

i purchased a fairly rough old scout its a traveler with a terra roof
and bulk head installed, the back is quite bad but the front is
nothing i cant fix, it has a noisey 345 in it, the previous owner
told me it had been rebuilt and was noisey so they also did the
timing gears but the noise was still there, going by the oil pressure
gauge i would say they might have fitted the wrong size engine
bearings to the crank, so when i pull the engine i will drop the sump
and get the crank checked. plenty of creepy crawly's in it, so set
off a flea bomb in the cabin last night when we got home - all dead
now lol. we got pulled up by the police at murchison on the way home
for a "vehicle check" but it turns out the senior copper just wanted
to look at the 2 scouts! it has an a/c unit in it which i havent seen
before the ducts exit the dash beside the gauge panel there is four
vents side by side across the dash which means the radio cannot
safely be adjusted while driving as its almost against the left hand
door.
i do need to change the thermostat in the traveler as it did not get
over 60degrees c on the whole trip - its got a std style replacement
so i am going to put the original unit back in to the 345 so the
bypasses get blocked the way they are supposed to. maybe when it gets
to the right temp it might improve performance and economy!

cheers paul